BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
SMASE – ASEI PDSI METHOD
TOPIC – WASTE DISPOSAL
- Lesson One – Meaning and Methods of Waste Disposal
- Lesson Two – Effects of Waste Disposal
- Lesson Three – Revision and Test
TIME – 40 Minutes each.
By the end of the lesson, pupils should be able to:
- Identify the classes of waste.
- Distinguish between proper and improper waste disposal practices.
When waste builds up, it will cause a lot of damage. Therefore, we need to ensure that we dispose of our waste properly. Waste disposal is the removal and recycling or safe destruction of waste. Common waste disposal methods include burning waste (incineration), burying waste (landfill) and recycling of waste. Improper ways of disposing of waste pose serious problems to our health and environment. Government spends a lot of money on waste collection and disposal.
This lesson will enable the pupils to understand and appreciate the proper ways of disposing waste and keep our environment clean.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- picture/charts of waste disposal van
- Buckets, wheel barrows
- Drums, shovel, spade, etc.
- Waste dumps, bottles, paper, sticks, empty can, water, wood Ash, leaf litters etc.
Disposing waste properly is the responsibility of both adults and children. Properly disposing waste is part of pupils activities after cleaning their home and school.
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- Basic Science and Technology
- All Relevant Materials
- Online Materials
ASEI PDSI LESSON NOTES
LESSON DEVELOPMENT 1 – Refuse or Waste Disposal docx
LESSON DEVELOPMENT 2 – Effects of Refuse or Waste Disposal docx
LESSON DEVELOPMENT 3 –
If you found something useful today, please consider a small donation.