PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – UNDERSTANDING BASIC TECHNOLOGY
PREVIOUS LESSON – BASIC SKILLS IN BASKETBALL – PASSING AND BOUNCING
TOPIC – BASIC SKILLS IN BASKETBALL – THROWING AND CATCHING
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to mention two basic skill in basketball.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Watch this video to pick the two (2) basic skills – Throwing and Catching demonstrate.
Video – Basic Skills Age 6 to 9.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Demonstrates the basic skills e.g. passing and bouncing.
- Pupil’s Activities – Observe teacher’s demonstrations. Practices the skills taught.
- Observes pupils and assists them.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to name two basic skills in basket ball.