COMPUTER STUDIES (INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY)
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – BASIC COMPUTER OPERATION
PREVIOUS LESSON – THE USES OF COMPUTER KEYBOARD
TOPIC – FEATURES OF COMPUTER MOUSE
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to describe the mouse.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
ACTIVITIES 1 – IDENTIFY COMPUTER MOUSE
ACTIVITIES 2 – EXAMINE AND DESCRIBE COMPUTER MOUSE
Computer mouse is rectangular shape with two buttons and a scroll button.
Teacher’s remark – It is called a mouse because it looks like a mouse (rat).
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Describes the features of the mouse.
- Pupil’s Activities – Describe the features of the mouse.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to describe the features of the mouse.