PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – UNDERSTANDING BASIC TECHNOLOGY
PREVIOUS LESSON – BASIC SKILLS IN BASKETBALL – THROWING AND CATCHING
TOPIC – SAFETY RULES IN BASKETBALL GAMES
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to state safety rules.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
ACTIVITIES – DISCUSS WITH THE PUPILS, THE SAFETY RULES IN BASKETBALL
- Know the rules of the game.
- Always warm up.
- Stop playing if you tired or hurt.
- Be sure that the basketball court in good order.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Leads pupils to mention safety rules.
- Pupil’s Activities – Lists safety rules.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to state 3 safety rules.