COMPUTER STUDIES (INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY)
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – BASIC COMPUTER OPERATION
PREVIOUS LESSON – FEATURES OF COMPUTER MOUSE
TOPIC – THE USES OF COMPUTER MOUSE
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to mention some of the uses of the mouse.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Computer mouse
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
ACTIVITIES 1 – IDENTIFY THE COMPUTER KEYBOARD
ACTIVITIES 2 – IDENTIFY THE FEATURES OF COMPUTER MOUSE
- Right click button
- Left click button
- Scroll button
ACTIVITIES 3 – USE COMPUTER MOUSE
Guide the pupils use mouse to move the mouse cursor, select, scroll, etc.
ACTIVITIES 4 – STATE THE USES OF COMPUTER MOUSE
- Move the mouse cursor.
- Open or execute a program.
- Drag and drop
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Guides pupils to identify the uses of a mouse.
- Pupil’s Activities – Say what the mouse is use for.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to mention at least two uses of the computer mouse.