COMPUTER STUDIES (INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY)
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – BASIC COMPUTER OPERATION
PREVIOUS LESSON – MEANING OF GSM PHONES
TOPIC – PARTS OF GSM PHONES
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to mention some of the parts of the GSM Phone.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of GSM Phones
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
ACTIVITIES – IDENTIFY PARTS OF GSM
Guides the pupils to identify each parts of the GSM. Write on the board as mentioned by the pupils.
Parts of GSM
- The screen
- The screen pad
- The keypad
- The speaker
- The volume button (up and down)
- The power button (on/off)
- The earphone port
- The charging port
- The mouthpiece
- The screen guard
- The front and back cameras
- The front and back flash lights
- The touch light
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Guides the pupils to identify each parts of the GSM Phone.
- Pupil’s Activities – Mention the parts of the GSM Phone.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to mention at least two parts of the GSM Phone.