COMPUTER STUDIES (INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY)
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – BASIC COMPUTER OPERATION
PREVIOUS LESSON – IT DEVICES
TOPIC – G. S. M.
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to mention some of the parts of the GSM Phone.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of GSM phone.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
ACTIVITIES 1 – IDENTIFY AND STATE THE USES OF THE FOLLOWING OBJECTS ON CHART
The objects on the chart chart called mobile phone.
Uses of Mobile Phones
- They are used for making and receiving calls.
- They are used for sending and receiving messages.
- They are used for playing music and watching films.
- They are used for playing games.
Teacher’s remark – They are also called G. S. M.
G stands for Global
S stands for System
M stands for Mobile
ACTIVITIES 2 – WHAT IS G. S. M.
G. S. M is Global System Mobile for all mobile telephones.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Guides pupils to explain the meaning of G. S. M. Phone.
- Pupil’s Activities – Say the meaning of the G. S. M Phone.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to say what the G. S. M. Phone