THEME – READING
PREVIOUS LESSON –
TOPIC – PASSAGE ON CLEAN AND SAFE WATER
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. identify ways of improving water quality for human use.
2. read the set passage with the correct pronunciation and stress.
3. Answer correctly oral and written questions on the passage.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Extract from relevant books.
2. Course book
3. Supplement readers
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
1. Ways of improving water quality;
2. Pollution control;
Reference Book – MacMillan Brilliant Primary English 6
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides the discussion on the relationship between environment and quantity and quality of water supply in the locality.
Pupil’s Activities – Discuss the relationship between environment and quantity and quality of water supply in the locality under the teacher’s guidance.
3. Treats unfamiliar words and concepts with the class.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify the unfamiliar words.
4. Lets pupils use these in sentences to bring out their meanings.
Pupil’s Activities – Make sentences with the unfamiliar words.
5. Lets pupils read the passage to pupils.
6. Gives oral and written tests.
Pupil’s Activities – Read the passage and answer questions on it.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. read the given passage with correct pronunciation, stress and intonation.
2. read the passage and answer questions on it.