CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – THE HOLY SPIRIT
PREVIOUS LESSON – Second Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Note CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES Primary 5
TOPIC – THE HOLY SPIRIT INSPIRES US
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. explain the word – inspiration.
2. discuss how the Holy Spirit inspires us.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. The Holy Bible
2. Other relevant materials.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
MEANING OF INSPIRATION
Inspiration is the power that enables someone to do what he/she cannot do.
Philippians 4:13 – I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
HOW THE HOLY SPIRIT INSPIRES US?
1. He talks about himself.
2. He reveals the will of God.
3. He teaches us how to pray.
4. He discerns the false spirits.
5. He serves as our counselor and advocate.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Explains what the word – inspiration mean.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen to the teacher’s explanation.
4. Discusses how the Holy Spirit inspires us.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in the discussion.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. explain what is inspiration.
2. mention 3 ways that the Holy Spirit inspires us.